Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The First Ten

It's been an exciting week.

E. coli-laced smoothie.

Roof leak resulting in walls, floor, and ceiling torn out.

Turning my expander for the first time- a bizarre throwback to medieval torture if there ever was one.

And ending with a lovely bout of influenza.

The latter being the reason I didn't post on Saturday.

But it's not been without it's perks. Food just hasn't been. . .appetizing. Applesauce and Gatorade have been the food du jour. Except I was really adventurous and had some mac 'n' cheese yesterday and yogurt today.

I weighed myself this morning:

198.0 lbs

12 pounds down from when I first started this blog.

I still haven't been exercising, though. And it's not going to happen this week either. I would say I'm "weak as a kitten" but my kittens are freakishly strong. . .but I'm sure you get the point. I know it's not wise to push when sick. That's just asking for more trouble.

It's frustrating, though. My head's finally in a place where I feel ready to follow through on my committment to excerise and I'm now two weeks behind in my Ragnar training. Ugh.

BUT. . .

I will not let it stop me.

I will return victorious next week.

I just need to remember "slow and steady". It may not win this race, but it will allow me to finish. Without dying.

Because. . .

I don't want to die.

5 comments:

  1. Holy mackerel girl! You sure have had a lot of speed bumps along this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to die either...which is why I will never drink an E. coli smoothy. That was just bad decision making on your part, Mandy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who gets E. Coli and the flu in the same week??? Hope you get feeling better very soon. Great job on the 12 lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo....what do you do for excitement?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang... when it rains it pours... but what doesn't kill you better start running!! And then you can run after it!!! Slow and steady... persistence!! :) you go girl!!

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete