Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday's Are Dumb

I purposely didn't start my journey on a Monday.

Because Monday's are dumb. You see, I suffer from crippling Weekend Seperation Anxiety. And it's always at its worst on Mondays. Monday morning = weekend mourning. I keep thinking of all the sleep I slept, and the quality time with the fur children, and the whole not working thing. They were good times. . .and suddenly. . .it's all over.

And if I screw up on a Monday it seems like the whole week is shot, so I might as well wait until next Monday.

I know, I know. . .Monday has an irrational psychological hold on me. But I know I'm not alone.

So, my brilliant plan is to start on Tuesday. You know, because Tuesdays are okay. Because I've had time to go through the first 4 stages of grief, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and by the time Tuesday rolls around, I've reached the final stage: acceptance.

AND Tuesday means there are only 3 more days till Friday.

So here's the plan for this week:

1) I've already been working on the food end of things. I'll be tracking my food/nutrition here, but more on that later.

2)What I struggle with THE MOST is the exercise part and this is where I need your help/support/encouragement/nagging/threatening.

Due to illness and a fondness for extreme lounging, the past six weeks have been rather. . .sedentary. I need to get my body ready to get in shape. So I'm going to start with strengthening my core and working on my balance. Seriously people, I've got the body of an 80-year old right now.

For the rest of the week my goal is to log at least 30 minutes of exercise.I've got a great video I'll do Tuesday-Saturday. I always get good results from it and I know it will prep my body for more intense workouts. For enquiring minds, it's Kathy Ireland Body Specifics. She's not annoying and it's broken into 12 minute segments. I can do anything for 12 minutes. Well, except run. YET.

Here's what I need from you:

If I haven't logged my exercise by 8:30 each night, please flood my FB page/blog comments with concerned queries such as, "Are you dead?! Because if you're not, why haven't you logged your exercise?"

Thank you and good night. :)

9 comments:

  1. IT'S 8:36!!!!! WHY HAVEN'T YOU LOGGED YOUR EXERCISE!?!!?

    (.......oh wait. It's Monday.....Sorry.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting up and down to let Charlie out every 5 minutes. Check. Lifting the fat black cat out of my mug of hot chocolate. Check. Bending over to pick up the dropped remote really fast to watch the next Buffy before bedtime(I got hooked over the break). Consider it logged.

      Delete
  2. Carl thought he would try to best you today. He ran 1 mile. OUTSIDE! Of course, he now sees the logic in the "mondays are stupid and you shouldn't run a mile when it is negative degrees and mondays are REALLY stupid." He wants to die now. I told him that's what he gets for trying to be in competition with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha!!! Poor Carl. Remind him that the subtitle of this blog is "I don't want to die."

      Delete
  3. This is awesome, Amanda. I love your honesty,and am so impressed that you have actually committed to such a scary goal. i say this because I have thought about doing a 5k like a million times, but NEVER COMMITTED. After this baby is born, I have got some SERIOUS work to do. Maybe if I keep reading your blog, I'll actually do that 5k someday. (Ragnar is a little too lofty for me at this point. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cinda!! Don't put off that 5k too long. It's not as intimidating as it seems- there are always lots of walkers and the distance is shorter than you'd think, especially if you find one with a fairly flat or downhill course. If you ever want to do one together, I'm there!

      Delete
  4. Okay. So are you doing the same exercise everyday? Or are you alternating stuff? Monday: Walk Charlie to the food bowl. Tuesday: Run the cat out of the bathroom for drinking from the toilet. Wednesday: Stretches--Stretching to reach under the couch to get the sock that the other cat dragged under it... Variety is the key to not getting bored with exercising and thus quitting! I'm' with you every step of the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda you are awesome! Keep up the good work! You can totally do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the pep talk, Erika!! It sure helps to have my own personal cheering section :)

      Delete