Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Week 2 Results

This week was just. . .bad.

But it's over and as Anne of Green Gables says, "Tomorrow is fresh with no mistakes in it."

Despite my poor choices this week (if you check out the food and exercise tabs they are glaringly full of blankness) and icky sinus issues, I did make progress. I set a goal for myself to be down to 200 lb by the end of January. With just a few more days left, if I work hard and make better decisions this week, I think I can do it.

I'm also hoping that by the end of next week I should have a treadmill, which will be a godsend in this grody-bitterly-cold-poison air. And I can start some real Ragnar training! One of the things that pulled me out of my slump was an email from W with our leg assignments and a to-do list. I'm a planner and to-do lister. Details and lists keep me focused and remind me what I'm working for. And then the best part of all: the check off!!!! Fellow listers will know exactly what I'm talking about.

A shout out to all of you who take the time to comment: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I know I've got many silent supporters and you are very appreciated, but those comments remind me that I am not alone in my struggles, I have options, and I am accountable. So, please keep them coming!

Ready for the results?

202.8

Down 1 pound this week.

Down 7.2 pounds total.

Need to lose 2.8 pounds to make my goal.

I commit to 30 minutes of exercise Monday-Friday this coming week. No matter how crappy I feel. No matter how much I don't want to do it.

Hold me to it, friends.


6 comments:

  1. Go! Go! Go! You can do it!
    I was told this week that I needed to lose 15 lbs in 3 months by a doctor. She looked at Dad and didn't say anything about HIS weight! Just said to make some lifestyle and dietary changes. Humpf! MY weight is more muscle than fat (ya, right!) I weigh in at about 177 (on their scales, with 2 lb shoes, coat,etc) so I know I need to lose more than 15 lbs. I look the same, but my jeans are a tad tight! I go to yoga 1-2 times a week and treadmill a few days and stretches every day. I learned that you burn more calories by strength training than cardio (Today Show). I still need to lose, tho. So I will be working along with you. Salad anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pfffft. . .men get away with SO much more. Just look at the difference between successful actors and actresses. Double standards all around.

      I'm glad you're on the journey, too. Thanks for the pep talk, Mommy!!!

      Delete
  2. IF winter EVER goes away, I should come over once a month and we should go on a good run together. Due to your competitive nature and my ability to act as a zombie or a panther chasing you, it should be good training for Ragnar. What do you say? You have awesome running trails there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, some weight/resistance training would be a great idea.

    Oh, and my dad just bought a treadmill this month if you want any tips, review, etc. I think he got his through Sears, but honestly, craigslist could be a great resource for less. But always try before you buy! If you aren't perfectly comfortable on it, you won't keep using it.

    -Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I find that after buying a house,for some reason I really don't have much extra money lying around. . .so I'm buying one used. But I'd like to know what he's got and if he likes it for when I can afford a nicer one.

      Delete
    2. Used machines are often still new-ish - they just served as a clothing rack for some time. ;)

      Delete